Monday, May 11, 2009

Fitness Camp Weekend in Columbus

This superset BURNED up the tri's after some intense legs on Friday
My good friend, Terri Turner...stoked to be training together!!

Posing practice with Mike Davies Sunday morning


Me, Terri and my other good friend, Lori Mork posing after an intense workout on Sunday early morning!!



Terri and I getting one last pic together...we both are competing on the same day (May 23rd), but different shows. Hopefully very soon, we will be able to compete together again :)
I just got back from an AWESOME weekend training with my coach, Mike Davies, in Columbus Ohio. My good friends Terri Turner, Lori Mork and Pam Soper all stayed at the Davies' household and trained with Jason and I this past weekend as well. Friday we trained legs and arms, Saturday was chest and some leg shaping, followed by a super intense boot camp (one of the best yet!). We then all went out to support our friend (also staying at Mike's that weekend), Josh, at the Mike Francois Classic - he won the men's bodybuilding overall!! Sunday we trained back and shoulders, followed by posing practice. Terri is competing at the JR. USA's in Charelston on the 23rd of May, and she looks incredible! This girl is beautiful with a stunning, asthetically pleasing physique to match...not to mention she is a sweetheart and amazing friend :) Lori is 11 weeks out from Canadian Provincials; she has put on some great muscle up top with strength to match!! Her quad sweeps are amazing whether she is in or off-season. Lots and lots of laughs with Lori this weekend - love this girl! Pam is competing at the Julie Palmer Ultimate Figure Showdown May 30th, as a warm-up to Jr. Nationals in June. Pam is looking fantastic after coming back from some tough injuries last year. I'm so glad she made the drive over from Michigan to train and hang out for some good talks. All of us got some good banter with Mike and Julie Palmer in the cardio room of the house...and all of us skinny bitches got some good cardio in too! LOL Julie is always great about giving me good advice and a positive perspective on competing and the fitness industry as a whole.
Such a fun time this weekend; only bad part was me puking up my cheat meal on Saturday! Not really sure what I ate (and no, it wasn't because I ate too much! Trust me, it takes a lot of food to get me to feel remotely nauseated and this definitely wasn't enough to do it!! lol), but it kinda messed up my stomach for posing and I felt flat Sunday, when of course I'm normally super pumped after my weekly cheat!! :) Despite this little mishap, it's always super beneficial when I go up to see Mike. He's got my best interests at hand and I'm excited to see the little changes we are making come to fruition as I go into my next show at The Cal Figure pro in 12 days!





4 comments:

Lissa said...

Good luck Cat!

Pamela Greshock said...

YayCat! it was great seeing you and Jason and Terri too! Good luck in two short weeks! YOu look great, keep me posted!

xoxoxoxo

Pam

Roseanne said...

Good Luck Cat! You look fabulous! Sorry to hear ur cheat meal didn't stick around:(

xoxoxo
Roseanne

Anonymous said...

This blog have helpful content and information. Is there any formula to control diet and keep muscle tone with fitness? For more log on
Personal Trainer- www.just4ufit.com