Friday, May 29, 2009

Cal Figure Pro ReCap







I can't believe it's already been a week since I was competing in California at my second pro show! Jason and I flew into California Wednesday morning and spent Wednesday - Friday training at the Gold's Gym in downtown L.A., which was right across from our hotel. We both are southern California lovers, so we spent the few days before the show driving down to Venice, Santa Monica, Hollywood and Beverly Hills where we also paid visit to friends. I'm a west coast girl as it is, and most of my summers growing up were spent in Southern California since we had so much extended family down that way. It always "calls" to me when I visit :)
"What did I think of the show?" The popular question asked of me lately. I am so glad I competed at this show. First off, it was very well run. Yes, it was a long day when you factor in all of the NPC competitors/divisions in addition to us pros, but it was well run. I like the venue, it's a real stage and I know a lot of us girls in heels are fans of the "real" stage thing! It was an awesome group of ladies. Some girls I was meeting and getting to know for the first time (which I love about competing; making new friends and networking is the best part of competing - so much fun), and others were old friends or ones that I had just gotten to know in Orlando, so it was fun catching up. I agree whole heartedly with the winners of this show. The conditioning and the look rewarded was right on :) Nice job Heather for taking home the top prize!!
I know what I can work on to be better for my next show. That's the beauty of getting out there and competing early, is I learn so much about my body from show to show. I am shutting things down for a short while and taking a mini off-season to bring back a rested, better, more complete, and fuller package to the stage. I've been dieting for 25 weeks now (yes, you heard correctly!), and I can see and feel my body crying for a rest, or at least telling me to scale things back a notch! I will be back this fall. My plan as of right now is to compete in the NY Pro September 18-19, followed by a couple shows after the Olympia. I think So. Cal might be beckoning for me again :)




No comments: